The Things Moms Never Talk About
But then I sat there and I thought- I actually really care about this first time mommy. I don’t believe in being negative but I did think I should tell her the truth. So here it is…when that baby comes life gets very busy, so it is good to prepare BEFORE the baby comes! And I don’t mean making sure the wipes are lined up with the diapers in a beautiful nursery. I mean THE REAL things that will help mommies bringing a baby into the world! These are the things I am SO glad my midwife and doula taught me!
1. Lightly wet Stayfree pads and put them in ziplock bags in my freezer. After birth I put them in my underwear and AHHHHHH. The cooling sensation was fantastic.
2. Before the baby came I bought Lansinoh Nipple Cream to have on hand. This nipple cream really helped me as a first time breastfeeding mommy! Second time around you know what to expect a little more:) These breast pads are amazingly soft and washable! Much much more comfortable!
4. Make sure you are comfortable with your breast pump equipment. And no pumping does not hurt and I highly highly recommend our lactation consultants!! They are SPECIFICALLY TRAINED to help mommies breastfeed! I have tried a TON of breast pumps and I loved the Spectra pump. It was so gentle and it cut my pumping time down to just 15 minutes.
5. A hands free breast pumping bra! This was key! I needed my hands!
6. I wished I had heard that it is OKAY to FEEL what you are feeling. If you are happy, sad, tired, excited, hurting, it’s normal. Trust me when I tell you veteran moms QUICKLY FORGET what those first few weeks with a newborn feel like. At ihelpmoms.com we feel it is VERY important to provide support for moms! You have accomplished something amazing nourishing and bringing another human being to life! Don’t suffer silently! ihelpmoms.com is here for YOU. We are family EXPERTS that want to help your family to be healthy and happy!
6. Make sure you keep ihelpmoms.com pulled up on your phone when you have your baby!
One click and you can get to:
**Post Partum Doulas to help you take care of your baby after delivery.
**Meal Delivery by Chef Nicole. Yummy meals delivered right to you!
**Grocery Delivery by Green Girl Groceries!
**Shed the Baby Weight with Online Workouts and Mommy Fitness Trainers
**Post Partum Depression help with our Mom Coaches and Mental Health Professionals
**Decrease colic, Torticollis and ear infections with our Family Chiropractors
**Nutrition Coaches for Moms
**Find a Pediatrician that COMES TO YOUR HOME!
**Spas that come to you for pedicures, facials, manicures, waxing to feel refreshed!
**Vitamin and Mineral replenishment and hormone balancing
**Firming and tightening the stomach after birth
**Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage
THESE FAMILY PROVIDERS ARE HERE TO MAKE MOTHERHOOD EASIER!
It’s completely FREE for moms to search!