Perfect Holiday EggNog Cookies
I know, I know… EggNog Cookies? I am sure some people are gagging at the thought right now. It seems that people either LOVE eggnog or HATE eggnog. I am one of those that loves it!
But I will say this about these delicious cookies – They taste creamy and practically melt in your mouth but they don’t really taste like eggnog.
Yesterday I shared about attending a cookie party over the past weekend and the S’mores Cookies I made for the exchange. After browsing Pinterest I also found these eggnog cookies that I wanted to give a try. I understand that they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought they were delicious!
I found the recipe over on Coupon Cravings and I was super excited to make them. Since I am always up for making something new and I think these will be a regular Christmas cookie that I will make again each year!
They seemed to be a hit as they tasted a little more like a sugar cookie with nutmeg and a hint of eggnog. And it made a pretty huge batch. I had plenty to take to the cookie exchange and more than enough for home!!
- 1 c. softened butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. eggnog
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 3/4 c flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. nutmeg
- 1 and ½ c. powdered sugar
- ¼-1/2 c. eggnog
- 1 tsp. light Karo Syrup
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggnog and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Chill for atleast one hour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- When you pull them out out the oven, push the top down with a jar to flatten
- Cool on drying rack.
- Frost with eggnog frosting and sprinkle with nutmeg
So which are you? An Eggnog lover or hater?
Previously published on http://thecolbertclan.com/eggnog-cookies/