MOMpreneur Spotlight Coastal Doulas
What is the best part about being a MOMpreneur?
– Having the freedom to make my own schedule, work from home, and still be heavily involved in day to day life with my kids. And this is ALL while getting to do something I love and am extremely passionate about. I love not have to choose between being home with my kids and running a successful business.
Why did you start Coastal Doulas?
– I feel like the transition into parenthood is an extremely important & memorable time in the life of a family. I wanted families to have the support, resources, encouragement & education needed for them to feel empowered about their birth experience while also feeling fully supported & validated during the postpartum period.
How does it help Make Motherhood Easier?
– We work with families from the beginning of pregnancy through the infant period. We have an expert team of doulas that offer birth, postpartum, & sibling doula support, birth planning, childbirth education, classes, breastfeeding support, nutrition & newborn care. We have a wealth of knowledge, experience, & passion for helping make your transition into motherhood smooth and as stress free as possible.
What is your key to balancing motherhood, wife and business owner?
– Intentionality, balanced priorities, and organization
What is your dream ‘Me Time’ scenario?
– I have a really hard time truly taking “Me Time.” My me time usually ends up being running errands alone or an evening glass of wine and one of my favorite TV shows. A truly dream Me Day would start with a yummy hot latte, followed by a quiet day at the spa with my phone turned off. The day finishing off with a dinner date night with my husband and coming home to a clean house and sleeping children ?
What is the top piece of advice you have for fellow MOMpreneurs?
– It is very easy to feel like you always need to be working and therefore hard to “turn work off.” Be intentional about taking time off that’s dedicated to self-care and your family & friends.
Why do you love being a part of ihelpmoms.com?
– Michelle’s huge heart for connecting moms together and by providing an amazing network of providers that meet ALL the needs we have as moms!
Do you have a special offer for moms that mention ihelpmoms.com when they book a class?
– 10% off our childbirth, newborn care, & nutrition classes when they mention ihelpmoms.com
Owner & Doula at Coastal Doulas, LLC