It’s The Little Things In Motherhood
It’s the little things that drive us crazy…
– the dishes in the sink
– the dirty laundry NEXT to the laundry basket
– that driver on the way to work
– that manicure that chipped in two days
Those little things can start to build up, and really tear us down. Part of you knows they don’t matter, but it’s so hard to push them aside. Whatever your lifestyle as a mom, there are little things around us EVERY DAY that we can pick at, and be bothered by.
I work a corporate job from home part time. I have a toddler, 2 cats, 1 dog and a husband. It’s really easy to get caught up in the little things that are wrong and get frustrated. Other moms seem to do it all, why can’t I?
When THAT thought pops up, I know it’s time to take a step back. Do some yoga. GET SOME HELP (hellooooo cleaning service Maid Right on ihelpmoms.com!). Take CARE of myself.
CELEBRATE the little things.
– the laughter of your child
– your significant other making you laugh
– sexy underwear when you’re wearing sweatpants
– a damned good cup of coffee on a bad morning
– a great manicure that’s cheap AND doesn’t chip
So I turn my focus to the little things. I buy great coffee. I make sure that everyone laughs everyday. I wear lacy underwear when I need to. And it might sound silly, but I’m excited that my Jamberry manicures don’t chip. I love having something little that I can look at and smile. Something that goes right when the rest feels wrong.
Because it’s all about the little things.