Doulas – The Ultimate Birth Companion!
If you are a newly pregnant Mom, you might be asking what exactly is a Doula and what do they do? Labor Doulas like mine, Vivian Keeler at Amazing Births and Beyond are so helpful during the labor process. So much less stress for Mom!
Here’s some of the things that a typical doula does for a Mom in Labor…
- Provide a wide range of caring, non-clinical and highly beneficial techniques that include physical comfort measures and emotional support before, during and after the birth.
- Understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
- Access helpful information for the expectant, laboring and postpartum parent/s to assist in their decision making.
- Work in cooperation with physicians, midwives, nurses, and the partners and families of laboring and postpartum women.
- Facilitate communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and clinical care providers.
- Recognize that childbirth is a key life experience that the mother will remember all her life. Thus, doulas help nurture and protect the woman’s memory of her birth experience.
ihelpmoms.com can help you find the perfect doula near you!! Sign up for your FREE account online today!!