How Lack of Sleep Can Impact Child Development
Michelle Brown | Nov 22, 2023
The repercussions of infants not getting adequate sleep can be profoundly detrimental to both their physical and cognitive development.
* Sleep is crucial for a baby's growth, as it is during this time that the body releases growth hormones essential for the development of tissues, muscles, and bones.
* Insufficient sleep in babies has been linked to a weakened immune system, making them more susceptible to illnesses.
* Lack of sleep can negatively impact their cognitive functions, hindering learning, memory consolidation, and overall brain development.
* Sleep deprivation in infants is also associated with behavioral issues such as irritability, fussiness, and difficulty in self-regulation.
* Additionally, it can contribute to challenges in establishing healthy sleep patterns later in life.
For parents, the consequences can be equally distressing, leading to increased stress, exhaustion, and difficulty in maintaining a balanced family life. Therefore, ensuring that babies receive the recommended amount of sleep is paramount for their well-being and long-term health.
You are not alone. Our coaches are here to help!
Get sleeping better and get solutions fast with Certified Sleep Coach! Jessica Turner (ihelpmoms.com)