5 Tips for Healthy Relationships Postpartum
Samantha Rynderman | Apr 24, 2023
These tips are not in any particular order but are meant to help you focus on certain aspects of relationships that contribute to healthy dynamics.
- Be an assertive communicator! This means being calm and direct with your thoughts and feelings without dismissing the thoughts and feelings of your partner. You will be more likely to get your needs met when you are assertive.
2. Give and Take
- Healthy give and take is so important to relationships, especially when navigating parenthood for the first time. Learn to recognize when you or your partner is taking on too much and try to ease the load. Sharing or delegating certain roles can make daily life that much easier!
3. Alone Time
- Making sure you designate alone time can mean the difference between burn out and staying afloat. Whether it is for yourself or you and your partner together, having alone time or date nights can help revive exhausted parents.
4. Shared Values
- This is a broader topic that not only involves agreement on parenting but extends to goals as a couple in general. When partners get along and fulfill one another's needs they probably share many of the same values. On the other hand, when partners experience high conflict or stress from one another there is a chance their values are not totally aligned.
- Having empathy in your relationship is key to providing understanding and support to your partner. New mothers especially go through so much mentally, emotionally, and physically when postpartum. Take a moment each day to pause and ask your partner how they are feeling and how you can best support their needs.
Megan Wisner BSN, RNC-OB | Aug 3, 2022
This diagnosis does not have to be as scary and daunting as it may first sound to you with the right guidance, support and outlook you and your baby will make it through JUST FINE! :)
Angela K. Tuck | Sep 12, 2022
Many of us hang on to beliefs we developed when we were too young to know any better. What do you want to believe? What are the beliefs that have kept you from getting these results so far? Let's understand where our beliefs come from.
Love to Hate Tinder, the Online Dating App?
Lisa Hawkins | Nov 14, 2022
Tinder is a hot dating app that women love to hate. I hear women all the time saying, “I’m done dating! I’m so over it. All I get are men that want hookups.”
How to be mindfully present during the Holidays
Valerie Lundgren CHC, CMC | Nov 28, 2022
Stress, Overwhelm, Presents, People, Obligations, Family. It can seem so daunting and overwhelming, but with some helpful holiday tips you will be as calm as turtle dove in a pear tree.
Kids Growth Spurts: How Fast Do Kids Grow
I Help Moms | Jan 5, 2023
Is your kid developing normally? Rather than fixating on arbitrary goals, discover the truth from our certified parenting coaches.
Angela K. Tuck | Mar 15, 2023
A story about a forty-five pound box and the belief systems surrounding the truth.
Angela K. Tuck | Mar 16, 2023
If failure is not meeting your expectations then success is meeting your expectation.
Wheel of feelings
Angela K. Tuck | Mar 17, 2023
A lesson in feelings and the thoughts that control them.
Women, when we ignore our needs to keep a man!
Lisa Hawkins | Mar 24, 2023
Often, in my sessions, I speak to women only to find that they are ignoring their needs to keep the relationship going. If this is you, read on.