3 Signs That Your Child Might Need a Tutor
Nwakaego Nwaifejokwu | Oct 5, 2022
Not sure if your child would benefit from some extra academic support? Well, no worries this blog will help you identify some of the tell-tale signs. Here are the 3 top reasons your child might need a tutor:
☗ Sign #1
At home, homework time is a challenge because your child….
- avoids doing homework
- often struggles with independently getting started
- is consistently confused about assigned work
- spends long periods of time trying to complete it
- has meltdowns or even cries when tasked to do homework
☗ Sign # 2
Your child shows the following signs of being unorganized and frustrated:
- gets physical sick or has anxiety about attending school
- lacks interest in school or explicitly say they ‘do not like school’
- presents with low self-esteem or a change of personality
- has poor time management skills regarding academic tasks at home or at school
- lacks a sense of organization when completing school work (for example school work is very messy)
☗ Sign # 3
Your child is consistently demonstrating low academic performance. Here are some contributing factors to look for:
-receives poor grades on tests or assignments
- is below grade level and at risk of being left back in their current grade
- teacher states that your child works best with 1 to 1 instruction and support
- struggles with working independently
- requires more time to process or learn new concepts
- is easily distracted and has poor attention skills
The great news is that tutors, with academic teaching experience can help address all of these areas. Tutoring sessions are individualized learning experiences. They are tailored to reflect each students’ specific needs. With a licensed professional educator your child’s tutoring experience will be in line with the academic expectations of a school.
Give your child the support that they need to help them bloom and blossom!
@ Oma Learning Academy
“Where Students Bloom & Blossom”
Balancing Homeschooling, Family Time, and Extracurricular Activities
Margie Figueroa, Certified Teacher & Founder of Funshine Educational Services | Oct 13, 2022
Having trouble trying to "fit it all in" to your daily schedules? This blog lists some practical steps on how to arrange your family's weekly schedule so that everyone's opinion gets heard and everyone feels valued!
5 Little to No-Prep Educational Halloween Activities for Kids
Margie Figueroa | Oct 24, 2022
Wondering how you can incorporate fun AND learning this Halloween that requires little to no-prep? Look no further!