3 Signs That Your Child Might Need a Tutor
Nwakaego Nwaifejokwu | Oct 5, 2022
Not sure if your child would benefit from some extra academic support? Well, no worries this blog will help you identify some of the tell-tale signs. Here are the 3 top reasons your child might need a tutor:
☗ Sign #1
At home, homework time is a challenge because your child….
- avoids doing homework
- often struggles with independently getting started
- is consistently confused about assigned work
- spends long periods of time trying to complete it
- has meltdowns or even cries when tasked to do homework
☗ Sign # 2
Your child shows the following signs of being unorganized and frustrated:
- gets physical sick or has anxiety about attending school
- lacks interest in school or explicitly say they ‘do not like school’
- presents with low self-esteem or a change of personality
- has poor time management skills regarding academic tasks at home or at school
- lacks a sense of organization when completing school work (for example school work is very messy)
☗ Sign # 3
Your child is consistently demonstrating low academic performance. Here are some contributing factors to look for:
-receives poor grades on tests or assignments
- is below grade level and at risk of being left back in their current grade
- teacher states that your child works best with 1 to 1 instruction and support
- struggles with working independently
- requires more time to process or learn new concepts
- is easily distracted and has poor attention skills
The great news is that tutors, with academic teaching experience can help address all of these areas. Tutoring sessions are individualized learning experiences. They are tailored to reflect each students’ specific needs. With a licensed professional educator your child’s tutoring experience will be in line with the academic expectations of a school.
Give your child the support that they need to help them bloom and blossom!
@ Oma Learning Academy
“Where Students Bloom & Blossom”
Balancing Homeschooling, Family Time, and Extracurricular Activities
Margie Figueroa, Certified Teacher & Founder of Funshine Educational Services | Oct 13, 2022
Having trouble trying to "fit it all in" to your daily schedules? This blog lists some practical steps on how to arrange your family's weekly schedule so that everyone's opinion gets heard and everyone feels valued!
5 Little to No-Prep Educational Halloween Activities for Kids
Margie Figueroa | Oct 24, 2022
Wondering how you can incorporate fun AND learning this Halloween that requires little to no-prep? Look no further!
December Holidays Books, Crafts, and Activities
Margie Figueroa | Dec 5, 2022
Keep your child engaged, learning, and having fun during the December holidays with books, crafts, and activities.
How to find a New Year's Eve Babysitter
Bambino Sitters | Dec 12, 2022
Are you planning to celebrate New Year’s Eve with a much-deserved night out? Or traveling to ring in 2023 and need to find a local Sitter? Follow our tips to secure that trusted and reliable sitter!
What is an invitation to play?
Leanne Page, Behavior Analyst, Parent Coach, Best-selling Author | Jan 20, 2023
There are a few simple ways to set up some structure in your home to make this independent play time more well, independent. And don’t click away yet- it only takes a few minutes.
5 Little to No-Prep Educational Valentine's Activities for Families
Margie Figueroa | Feb 6, 2023
Want to celebrate Valentine's Day while incorporating learning? These activities are perfect for your family!
“To-Dos” For Establishing Homework Routines
Margie Figueroa | Mar 6, 2023
Are your afternoons filled with whining, tears, stress, and frustration because of your child’s refusal to complete their homework? You may just need a reset in your after-school routines to kickstart your child’s homework regimen.
Fun and Academics: Striking the Perfect Balance for a Memorable Summer
Margie Figueroa | Jun 1, 2023
This blog spills all of the secrets to balancing summer fun while keeping your child's academic skills sharp.