5 Keys to Doing Disney World with A Toddler
Against much well intentioned advice, I braved Disney this weekend and IT WAS AWESOME! Easily the best weekend of my life seeing my little 22 month olds face light up with every ride, every parade and every magical moment.
At 6 months pregnant and in 98 degrees in Florida, discover the top 5 must haves I recommend for a successful Disney World trip with a toddler!
- A fan that sprays water and a clip on fan for the stroller. The spray fan is a great $10 purchase from Walmart and I bought my clip on fan from Buy Buy Baby for $15! We used this simple device all day every day. ALL DAY EVERY DAY- seriously!
- Water, Vitamin Water and More Water. The days of fanny packs are bygones, but it is worth it to wear a backpack with great straps to bring beverages!
- Snacks for in line such as crackers or pretzels or a PBJ for the kids to eat in line. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the fruits and snacks available for kids that were healthy at the parks but non perishable snacks in ziplocks while waiting in lines was key for my toddler!
- A great stroller. I swear I have bought every stroller known to woman. I went to bring my go to Britax B-Agile but my husband wanted to bring the BOB. The BOB ended up working fine, but it was pretty bulky to get on an off the buses with. Whatever you do make sure your stroller has a great shade to pull over.
- Wear comfortable shoes. I love wearing cute shoes, but for this trip I kicked them to the curb and opted for my good old Walking Store sandals and I am so glad I did. 12 hours at the Magic Kingdom and I still had a spring to my step! I saw a lot of people in tennis shoes which is also a great idea unless you are planning to do water rides…
Most of all I found out the best thing you can pack is a great attitude. I went in with the intention of soaking in every moment with my toddler before her sister is born and I can honestly say that I did that. There were lines, it rained, I nearly passed out from dehydration, but it didn’t matter as this trip was all about great moments and happy memories. I was smart about planning where we wanted to eat and scheduled our fast passes ahead of time which made for a stress free, fun trip! Thanks goodness for the My Disney Experience App. It made everything seamless and easy for a successful Disney trip with a toddler!