10 Ways to Catch Up With Friends
It is hard to make time for everyone in your life when you are juggling family, work, and personal time but it IS important! The key ingredient in friendship is effort and it can be easier than you think to keep those sparks alive! Here are a few ideas to help make lasting relationships and memories with those people that are important to you.
- Meet for coffee. The idea behind this suggestion is that it is a quick meeting and lets be real, you were probably going to Starbucks anyway! Grab a cup and chat about a few things that have been happening lately. While you are there, make plans to meet again or even make this a regular occurrence with your chum.
- Invite them over. I especially love this one because I often don’t feel like leaving the house! You don’t have to get all dressed up or go out and spend a ton of money. Put out some snacks and open a bottle of wine and just sit and chat! This is great for friends who have kids, too!
- Take a class together. This may not be the best way to talk and catch up but it is quality time, nonetheless! Sharing common interests and activities is a great way to strengthen bonds.
- Craft together. Even if you’re not “crafty”, there are plenty of things that you can organize like planting flowers for spring or creating a scrapbook or vision board for a new year.
- Read together. Deciding on a book or article that interests you both can be a great way to find something new to talk about and have an activity to do together that you can do in your spare time.
- Send them a letter. When was the last time you received something in the mail that wasn’t a bill or junk?! Sometime a simple hand-written note letting the person know you are thinking of them or are special goes a LONG way.
- Talk on the phone like teenagers. Remember when you used to stay up way too late talking on the phone and even sometimes fall asleep?! What in the world did we talk about, anyway?! You would be surprised how fast the time goes once you start chatting! Pick a day and time to have a call with your bud and I bet you will enjoy it!
- Make a new recipe together. You can do this together or even do it on your own and then share pictures and tips on what worked and what didn’t! It usually is a delicious activity also! ?
- Plan a night out. Sometimes you need to get out and go big! Make a reservation at that new hot spot and get all dolled up for a night of dinner and drinks!
- Have movie night. Invite your friend(s) over for pajamas, wine, and popcorn and watch a romantic comedy for a fun night in!